Sunday, March 11, 2012

Political Rally & A Spa Party!

This Friday there was a large political rally in our park.  Gio liked the pageantry and flags.  I was a bit concerned about the enormous police presence. In fact, they had kicked me out of the park earlier that morning while I was walking Enzo.  Gio, not one to shy away from anything, decided to throw snow at the police.  Luckily they were clearly bored and threw it back at him!


Yesterday we spent much of the day at Merilee & Logan's for a spa and family party.  Their house is perfect for this with lots of kid-friendly rooms like a Playstation/foosball room, a Lego loft and even an indoor pool.  And two very kid-friendly cats! Needless to say, Gio was in heaven. I arrived early to "help set up" (or at least that is what I told my boys). Actually, Merilee, Nicky, Ailsa and I were indulging in manicures and pedicures done by a mobile spa company (very popular thing to do here).  Later the boys arrived (post-nap) and the swimming, Nerf gun-shooting, eating and revelry began, including some sweet book reading to a cat.  This is definitely the way to get through what seems to be an endless winter.  Yes, for those of you in Washington enjoying sunshine, daffodils and flip-flops, it is snowing here as I write this....

4 of us at once were being pampered!


Gio arrived soon after the spa treatments and immediately fell in love with the 7-month old cat "Thunderbolt".


He took a break from the cat to swim with Papa...
And to hang out in the playroom with the "big boys"...

...who were busy with a Nerf gun battle.
And then back to the cat....



In three days we will be in Washington!  I am not sure how our bodies will react to the nearly 80 degree weather predicted when we arrive.  I am thinking we might simply melt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment