Friday, August 2, 2013

The Final Week of Pregnancy.....

....has not been too terrible.  Heartburn, constant hip ache, feeling like I am being beaten up from the inside...all the usual stuff, but I would not trade these discomforts for anything.  We are overjoyed to be able to give Gio a sibling and after a long long road to get here (more on that in a future post), she will be here in 5 short days!

So, how are we spending our final days before BGB (Baby Girl Belli) arrives?  I have had my legs tightly crossed for the last week as Paolo had to return to Kyiv after an all-too-short weekend visit.  He will arrive here late tonight and then I can finally relax and rest up for the big day on Wednesday.  As many of you know I am having a planned c-section on the 7th so unless she decides to make a move early that will be her birthday.  So here are some images from our last two weeks....

It has been in the high 90s for the last two weeks (and predicted to be 102 this weekend) so Gio and I have spent the majority of our time here at our fabulous town pool.  Even when it is packed with kids I can still claim to have the loudest child on Earth.  Who knew he could shout with such gusto even in Italian?? 
I realized at some point this week that I have absolutely no idea when Gio last bathed.  Swimming is my excuse but when has soap last touched any part of his body other than his hands? Not a clue.  His hair will now stand in any direction I choose.  

Serious napping.  With hours at the pool each day this fellow still needs a 3 hour nap.  Luckily now he has a best buddy who is happy to join him.  
Dinner time.  Not sure what this look is all about.  This was a rare meal where Gio's ever-present buddy Mohammed did not join us.  He averages about 6 dinners/week at our house.  
The scene on Gio's bedroom floor one morning.
Someone was up in the night preparing for Armageddon, apparently. 
This is my dream car- an original Fiat 500.  I have this image in my head of me driving around Italy with Enzo's giant head poking out of the passenger window (and Paolo following behind in a minivan with the rest of the brood!).
We were feeling a bit blue when we dropped Paolo off at the airport earlier this week, so we treated ourselves to a naughty meal at McDs on the way home.  This was only Gio's second Happy Meal of his life.  Not sure what it was about my son that prompted the cashier to give him a Barbie one but he sure seemed to be pleased.  Good practice, I suppose, for a baby sister, though I might have passed my own anti-Barbie genes on to her!

Most likely the next blog will be a while from now and will feature the newest member of the family!  For now, happy early August to all!

xo.  Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment