Saturday, April 16, 2011

First day of "school"!

Today I took Gio for his first day of school....sort of.  We are considering a Russian Montessori preschool for September that is not too far from our house.  In order to be admitted he needs to do the "babies" class on Saturdays so off we went for the first try.  Gio was excited about going to school and could hardly contain himself.  I stayed with him (required until September), so I was able to witness him in action.  I think he would have liked it even more if there were older children there (most were under 2), but if we decide to enroll him in the fall the school is multi-age 3-7 so he will have plenty of "big boyzzz" to follow around.  His favorite things today were the indoor jungle gym (there's a shock), the live crab and birds and quite a few of the Montessori activities.  My only challenge was getting him to leave when our time was up. I snuck two photos with my phone but could not capture anything else....

Climbing UP something is never a problem....

Gio was mesmerized by this activity and did it many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment