Thursday, May 19, 2011

Meet Enzo!

Enzo has arrived!  Our first day together is shown below.  We were exhausted after our 2AM arrival  but otherwise very happy with our expanded family!

Oops- these are shots from Sunday but I forgot they were on the camera.  I think Gio's obvious attempts at charming this "big girl" are quite funny.


When I arrived in Frankfurt I went to investigate where I should bring Enzo once I collected him from the cargo terminal.  This being a very efficient German airline that prides itself on treating its animal passengers "better than its human ones," I knew Lufthansa would be ready for us.


Two bus rides later (Frankfurt is a huge airport!), I found the Lufthansa "Animal Lounge."  After collecting a massive amount of paperwork they brought out Enzo in his crate for our very first meeting....

Here is what greeted me when I opened the crate. 

He was nervous at first but after the bus ride back to the airport and a big drink of water he began to relax.


Love the eye whiskers.
A bit alarmed at the size of his paws- this is going to be a HUGE dog!
While we waited outside to check-in just before our departure time, Enzo took some time to nap.
In Kiev, our first early morning walk.


Once Gio finally woke up to meet his new "brother," Enzo was already pooped from his late night arrival and early morning wakeup.

Gio was thrilled.

"Opening" and "closing" Enzo's ears was a big hit.

Later we took a walk to the park in our improvised "double" stroller.




And a video of Enzo and Gio:


4 comments:

  1. LOVE the low-energy display! He has mastered sitting and lying down in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly- he is trying to live up to the high standards of Cousin Skippy and Cousin Scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enzo reminds me of Gabriel in this video. Sprawald on the flood, only moving if he realy has to by sliding on his belly and smiling while people come to pet him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Agnes, these are the best kinds of puppies (and babies!) to have- easy to find!

    ReplyDelete