Saturday, September 24, 2011

A fun discovery

On the way to dinner the other night Gio and I emerged from the subway to a part of town we had never seen before.  This area, just behind Kreshatik, the "main drag" of Kiev, is a hidden enclave of greenery with a big fountain, very high-end shopping (Gucci, Rolex, Channel.... all my usual haunts), and a few enchanting statues.  Here is one that Gio loved.  Needless to say, we were a tad bit late for dinner as we were each quite taken with this new discovery. 





Now that Paolo has returned from his week-long stay in Maldova, Gio and I are going to take him to this area after naptime.  Let's just hope I can find it again as I always have trouble figuring out which subway exit I should use (it is quite a labyrinth down there, especially since yours truly cannot read a single sign!).

No comments:

Post a Comment