Friday, October 21, 2011

Not in my Halloween bag, please!

Ukrainians seem to adore chocolate.  There is a massive aisle in our grocery store devoted entirely to it (both sides!) and the Roshen chocolate factory emits wonderful aromas all around the metro stop near Gio's school.  As many of you know, I am not one to ever turn down chocolate, but I must admit that Ukrainian chocolate is not for me.  I like the good old American cheap stuff like Reese's, and M&Ms.  And speaking of those delectable morsels, I made an awful discovery today- the first M&Ms that I actually found absolutely disgusting...
The green bag tempted me, but the expression on the orange fellow's face should have warned me.  Since I cannot read anything on the package (well, except, of course, for the "m"s!), I gave in to temptation.  My first taste while driving home will be my last.  They are basically like an ill-advised marriage between a Skittle and and a chocolate chip.  Yes, Ukrainians like things VERY sweet.  I don't think this will ever make it to the US, though I sure wish the pretzel ones would come over here!
And what will I do with the nearly full bag??  It is going in my plane emergency bag for the flight on Monday.  They might help me bribe Gio through security where having to put "Big Tom" through the xray is usually a massive trauma. 
I am looking forward to seeing many of you in DC next week.  Can you guess what I will be passing out at Halloween??

No comments:

Post a Comment